Power and Electric Trolleys
Manual handling significantly contributes to work-related accidents, often leading to musculoskeletal injuries (MSI). These injuries affect muscles, joints, tendons, nerves and ligaments and can occur through prolonged exposure to repetitive motions and forceful exertions.
Enter Sitecraft’s range of electric trolleys. These trolleys not only make tasks more manageable but also create a safer and more productive work environment. By virtually eliminating the operator effort required in manual handling, they significantly reduce the likelihood of MSI and other injuries. In doing so, they also minimise the risk of costly legal repercussions associated with workplace accidents. Choose Sitecraft’s electric trolleys to optimise your operations and protect your workforce.
Types of Power Trolleys We Carry
At Sitecraft, we offer a diverse range of electric trolleys engineered to meet various industrial needs. Each type is equipped with specific features to facilitate different tasks, ensuring you find the perfect fit for your operations.
- Powered Platform Trolley — With a load-carrying capacity of 500 kg, this versatile electric trolley is ideal for general material handling as it allows for easy manoeuvrability and control. Its robust construction ensures long-lasting durability, making it a reliable investment for any business.
- Electric Cage Trolley — With similar features to the powered platform model, the electric cage trolley adds an extra layer of security with its durable enclosure. This is perfect for transporting sensitive or fragile items, offering both functionality and peace of mind with every trip.
- Electric Scissor Trolley — These specialised powered trolleys can elevate your material handling capabilities to new heights. The built-in scissor lift makes raising and lowering heavy loads easier, thereby reducing the strain on operators. The scissor lift feature also enables precise height adjustments, making it versatile for various product organising tasks.
Key Features of Sitecraft’s Powered Trolleys
Sitecraft’s electric trolleys are packed with capabilities that make a real difference in your day-to-day operations. Here are some of them:
- Variable Speed Control — This feature allows you to adjust the trolley’s speed according to the task at hand. Whether navigating through a crowded warehouse or moving along a narrow pathway, it ensures you can adapt to any situation.
- Emergency Stop — In a dynamic environment where anything can happen, such as a sudden obstacle appearing in your path, the emergency stop button can be a lifesaver. It minimises the risk of accidents and potential damage to goods.
- Unique Forward and Reverse Drive System — This system offers unparalleled control over your trolley’s movement. Need to back into a tight loading dock or manoeuvre out of a cramped space? The forward and reverse drive system makes it a breeze and eliminates the need for cumbersome manual adjustments.
- Automatic Braking — With automatic braking, your trolley will remain stationary when not in use. This is especially useful in sloping surfaces, where the risk of an uncontrolled trolley could lead to significant safety hazards.
Take the Next Step to Streamlined Operations
Learn more about our reliable power trolleys and other commercial trolleys designed to optimise your workflow. Beyond trolleys, the Sitecraft range of electric-powered handling equipment includes powered pallet trucks and electric tow tugs. Call us today on 1300 363 152, and our experienced sales team will guide you through our product range. You may also visit our offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do power trolleys differ from manual trolleys?
Power trolleys rely on electricity, which significantly reduces the manual effort required to transport goods. This lowers the risk of operator fatigue and injuries, making them ideal for a variety of tasks like navigating through complex layouts and managing slopes and uneven surfaces. In contrast, manual trolleys rely solely on human effort and are less versatile. They amplify the risk of strain and fatigue over prolonged use.
What are the safety precautions to consider when using a power trolley?
Safety is a top priority when using electric trolleys. To ensure operator well-being, here are a few basic precautions to consider:
- Regularly inspect the trolley — Beyond daily use, schedule regular maintenance checks to identify any wear and tear that could compromise safety. This includes checking the integrity of the wheels, handles and electrical components.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines — Always adhere to the load limits and operational guidelines provided by the manufacturer. Overloading or using the trolley in ways it’s not designed for can lead to malfunctions and safety risks.
- Ensure operator training — Ensure that anyone operating the trolley has received proper training in its use, including handling it under various conditions and responding to emergencies.
How do I maintain and service my electric trolley?
Regular maintenance is necessary to ensure your electric trolley’s longevity and safe operation. Here are some comprehensive tips:
- Check for loose bolts or parts — Make it a habit to periodically tighten any loose bolts or parts. Loose components can compromise the trolley’s structural integrity and potentially lead to accidents.
- Inspect the wheels — Worn-out wheels can affect the trolley’s manoeuvrability and safety. Always replace them as needed, and consider using wheels suited for your specific work environment.
- Clean the trolley — Dust and debris can accumulate in the trolley’s moving parts and affect its performance. A regular cleaning schedule will help maintain optimal functionality.
- Do regular battery maintenance — Ensure the battery is fully charged before use and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for battery care to extend its lifespan.
- Schedule professional servicing — For more complex maintenance tasks, it’s advisable to schedule regular professional servicing. This can include electrical checks and other specialised jobs that require expert attention.
- Consult the manufacturer’s manual — Always keep the manual handy for quick troubleshooting and maintenance tips. It’s your go-to resource for understanding the trolley’s components and how to maintain them.
For any queries or specific maintenance requirements, our experienced team is just a call away and can provide tailored guidance to keep your trolley in peak condition.
Where can I see and test Sitecraft’s electric trolleys?
You’re welcome to visit any of our offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane to view our range of electric trolleys and even test them out to assess their suitability for your needs.